Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas S'mores!

I love love love s'mores, but they are so messy!  Plus, when I toast my marshmallows on the stovetop, they taste really funny!  Tonight my Air Force Spouse Support group had a cookie exchange, but I went a little rogue and made these bars instead!  Originally I got the recipe here, but I tweaked it a little bit to fit what I had.  Here it is!



Christmas S'mores

15 Graham Crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3-4 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups holiday M&Ms
Half Sheet Pan

1. Line the pan with parchment paper (or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray) with an overhang of at least an inch.  Lay the graham crackers down next to each other with sides touching.

2. Melt butter and sugar together in a pot until just boiling ( I didn't have brown sugar, so I just threw some extra molasses in there - tasted just fine!)

3. Pour over the graham crackers (spread fairly evenly) and bake at 350 for roughly 5 minutes until it's bubbling

4. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows on top, put back in the oven for another 2 to 3 minutes until they're soft, then take out of the oven and sprinkle the M&Ms all over

5. Let it cool completely (or else all that yummy goo will spill) and then you can cut it into bars!

This seriously took no more than 15 minutes to make and they were so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment