Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Saturday Night: Turkey Roast!

I don't usually cook a lot on the weekends.  I sort of see it as my time off, too!  But, I had a turkey roast from the commissary, and I wanted to try it out in the crockpot, sort of like a pot roast (since I don't eat beef - I can't eat pot roast).  Saturday morning I did a little internet exploring, looking for a recipe, and by 1 o'clock I was cooking!  Since I didn't find 1 recipe that stuck out totally to me, I blended a couple together. This is what I did:

Peeled (just because it looks nicer) and chopped several carrots
Chopped (roughly) an onion 
Chopped several red potatoes

I threw all of those in the crockpot, and stirred them around.  Then I added roughly 2 cups of white wine.  I added the roast on top of all that, and then added a stick of butter (cut up into pieces).  I stuck the lid on, turned that bad boy on high, and let it cook until dinner time (7ish).  Here's a picture of what it looked like, pre-cooking:


I totally spaced out and forgot to take a picture of it when it was done, but it was delicious!  I'll definitely be doing this again.  I also made garlic mashed potatoes and homemade stuffing.  For some reason, my garlic potatoes turned out terribly!  I think I added too much garlic.  But, the stuffing was delicious!  Around Thanksgiving I'll add the actual recipe, but since I didn't have it saturday, I just winged it!  Anyways, definitely try this, it was so yummy!  And, so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment