Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sunday Night: Crab, Salmon, and Garlic Bread

Sunday night we had one of the best dinners ever!  The Seafood Roadshow was at the commissary when we went grocery shopping on Saturday, so as a treat we got 2 lbs of crab legs and 1 lb of salmon (but I had them cut it into 2 pieces - we've eaten 1, the other's still in the freezer).  I marinated the salmon in some teriyaki sauce called SoyVay (very tasty!) for about an hour, but I would recommend marinating for much longer than that.  It still tasted wonderful, but the salmon could have soaked up some more teriyaki flavor.  Jake grilled the salmon while I boiled the crab legs and made some garlic bread.  I boiled the crab in my big pot for about 10 minutes, and it was the best crab I've ever eaten!  I just threw some salt and pepper in the water, and that was it!  We ate it dipped in melted butter.  For the garlic bread, I just sliced some demi-baguettes almost all the way through, then used a pastry brush to spread garlic in melted butter on them!  I baked them at 325 for 6 minutes with aluminum foil, then 6 minutes without.  BEST DINNER EVER!  Forgot to take any pictures, but take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment